Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Activities and other Kid topics.
This obstacle course provides experience for a wide variety of gross motor movements and skills. Select a number of things the kids can do in any order, and make an obstacle course in your yard.
1. Make a balance beam with a 2x4 piece of wood.
2. Climb up on a chair and jump off.
3. Jump through a hoola hoop, feet together.
4. Crawl under a table.
5. Swing on a rope and jump off. (best if done Outdoors)
6. Jump over a box onto a mat. (be sure the mat grips the floor and will not slip.)
7. Crawl through a tunnel or under a chair on your tummy.