Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Craft Supply Recipes and other Kid topics.
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Salt
6 tsp. Cream of tartar
3 cups Cool water
3 tbsp. Oil
Packages of Kool-Aid mix (without sugar) in desired colors
1. Mix dry ingredients except Kool-Aid together in a big cooking pot. Blend all liquids together in a bowl.
2. Combine with dry ingredients and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat when dough pulls away from the sides of the pot and can be pinched without sticking (about 5 minutes).
4. Turn onto board or counter and knead until smooth and play-dough consistency.
5. Divide into portions and knead in desired play dough colors. Store in airtight containers.
Note: If making only one color, the easiest way to add in the Kool-Aid is to mix it into the liquid ingredients before cooking.